Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 is here – What’s New ?Vonani Ngomana
Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 New Features and Updates
The Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 is here, with hundreds of new features and improvements to help creatives level up their skills, work efficiently together, get more done, and create in new ways. These new features were announced at their annual Adobe MAX Conference 2021 virtual conference.
“Creativity for All” is the central motif of the major new release, which focuses on four themes: unleashing creative potential, enabling connected creativity, empowering creative careers, and combating disinformation.
The 17 upgraded CC desktop applications are: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, Animate, XD, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Character Animator, Media Encoder, Prelude, Bridge, Camera Raw, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic. In addition, there’s a recently-updated version of Acrobat DC Pro.
Photoshop has received some great updates, including AI-driven tools. The first is the Object Selection Tool. This tool can now detect most objects thanks to Sensei AI. All you need to do is hover over an object! Selections made this way are now more accurate than before, and you can always adjust the selection. The feature to select and mask all detected objects has also been added, allowing you to break apart each object with a single click.
Photoshop and Illustrator in Web.
Beta versions of Photoshop and Illustrator on the web (running in Chrome and Edge browsers) are being developed. You can access Illustrator (Beta available in the US only) on the web to access the Photoshop on the web beta, click “Open in Photoshop on the web beta” in the header when viewing a Photoshop file in your browser.
Adobe is also extending two of the world’s iconic creative products, Photoshop and Illustrator, to the Web, so that you can access projects anywhere. With just a URL, you can invite anyone to view and comment on your Photoshop or Illustrator file — and the reviewers don’t need to download any software or have a Creative Cloud subscription.
To dramatically reduce the amount of time you spend waiting for a video to render, they have officially introduced Multi-frame Rendering, which speeds performance by as much as 4x, in After Effects. Cutting down the time required to caption a video with the automated Speech-to-Text feature in Premiere Pro. And you have to try the magical fun of Body Tracker in Character Animator. Turn on your webcam, start moving, and your animated puppet will follow along.
Character Animator now enables creators to use their body movements and gestures to animate their puppets, even if they don’t have experience with animation or keyframing. Move for the camera and your puppet moves along with you.
Puppet Maker allows animators to create their own characters in the application without having to start in Photoshop or Illustrator. Users can choose from a variety of character styles and customize hairstyles, skin tones, accessories, and more, and get animating faster.
Other Application Updates Include
- Publish content directly to the web. Then use InDesign’s built-in analytics to see how your content is performing. You can now Directly import color themes and shapes from Adobe Capture. Plus, get Adobe Fonts suggestions based on a raster image of a font.In addition to being optimized to run natively on devices with Apple’s Silicon M1 chip, InDesign 2022 will have the following additions:
- Lightroom powerful new masking tools now let you edit with total precision. You can Easily highlight complex areas with Select Subject and Select Sky and make edits with a single click. For more Lightroom 2022 features, click here
Adobe Fresco on iPad
- Animate your drawings. You can animate layers frame by frame or guide your drawing along a motion path. Draw with unlimited layers to explore new ideas and experiment with effects, blending modes, transparency, and color. Design with text by adding and editing text layers.
- With Premiere Pro you can now turn dialogue into captions the easy way, with automatic transcriptions powered by Adobe Sensei. Add and edit subtitles for engagement and accessibility now in a dozen languages.
- Adobe Stock will now have Stock & Marketplace, which will house Adobe Stock, Adobe Fonts, plugins, and Substance 3D assets.
- Substance 3D brings tighter integration of 3D content, effects, and capabilities across Illustrator and Stock. A new Modeler (Private Beta) app joins the Substance 3D Collection, showcasing the role that 3D and immersive technology will play in helping users create the future.
- Creative Cloud for teams and enterprise now includes 1TB per license. Free 1TB upgrade applies to both All Apps and Single App Plans.
These app updates include plenty of new features and changes to the workflow. As a Creative Cloud member, all of these just-launched apps and services are available to you immediately.